BIP#37: Zero-fee for Collateral Trading, and Down Payment on BendDAO as Support for the NFT Industry

BIP#37
Title: Zero-fee for Collateral Trading, and Down Payment on BendDAO as Support for the NFT Industry
Idea(BRC): Discord

The NFT industry is currently experiencing a bear market. During these challenging times, it is crucial that we, as a community, stick together and support each other. A suspension of all transaction fees, down payment fees, and royalties are proposed on BendDAO. This proposal is not only a gesture of goodwill but also a strategic move to stimulate activity within BendDAO and NFT communities during these times.

• Collateral Trading Fee: 0%
  • Down Payment Fee: 0%
  • Royalties: 0%

The fees can be reinstated based on further DAO governance.

• Yes
  • No, keep these fees

0 voters

1 Like

I’m personally voting no on this one. I’m not sure that these fees are really what’s driving borrowers away from the platform.

There’s already another proposal being debated right now to lower the base rate in the interest rate curves. I think that will be a more impactful proposal in terms of retaining borrowers. But removing all other fees along with that feels like overkill to me.

In bear market, people lost money, it’s hurt to make people pay more fee when selling with a lost.

We can add the fee back when bull market, cut fee off in bear market I think it’s a good move including lower the base rate of ETH interests.

1 Like

good PR imo in the midst of the bera to show we care for our borrowers

1 Like

yeah, looks like we have 10 vote already, can move to next step for snapshot. LFG.