Moonbirds X BendDAO (UPDATED)

Moonbirds X BendDAO (UPDATED)
By: Goldfish#0069
Date Created: [08/30/2022]
Date Posted: [08/30/2022]

Summary

This is a proposal to add Moonbirds to the list of NFTs the BendDAO provides loans for. moonbirds meet all of the suggested eligibility requirements however because of the nesting protocol, we would likely need to upgrade the lending pool contract to support birds in nesting.

BACKGROUND

I am making this proposal because I believe the support of MoonBirds will bring MoonBirds and BendDAO communities closer, along with get BendDAO more exposure. BendDAO stays with NFT communities and should maximize bluechip collections supported.

SCOPE OF WORK

Within this proposal we would likely need to upgrade the lending pool contract to support birds in nesting. The goal is to be able to keep your bird earning nesting rewards while it is in the BendDAO contract. Furthermore, moonbirds have conducted airdrops such as oddities to all moonbirds who are nested. The contract should also allow the safe claim of these assets to the owner.

2 Likes

After todays updated to the proof moonbirds ecosystem, I now see that moonbirds will be randomly picked to participate in the minting of a new collection. This will have to be added to the lending pool contract as well to allow moonbird holder to mint it while it still is being loaned out.

TLDR:this will require a lot of contract side updates for nesting and claiming.

2 Likes

It is better merge two proposal before updating and updated together. BendDAO has the template, you can ask help from forum and community if you need. Many thanks.

1 Like

Been in the game for 16 months, owned all the blue chips. To me it’s 1. BAYC stuff 2. Punks 3. Moonbirds 4. Azuki 5. Clone X 6. Doodles. Considering everything on the above list is there without moonbirds, and they have by far the most volume and highest floor outside of numbers 1. and 2. it would definitely make sense to add them to the list.

2 Likes

Also we could consider Fidenzas and chrome squiggles which I think are very squarely blue chip.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your feedback, we would like to include many more blue chips, but with peer 2 pool right now the we have the community voted threshold for listing blue chips, you can check it here:
https://snapshot.org/#/benddao.eth/proposal/0xae941ac51880c53ac9b534195f8c359f165cf61debcb56932698603db8e4c48d

1 Like

Why hasn’t the vote been implemented for so long, so is there a standardized process for BendDAO governance? I see that the proposals of team members can be voted for and implemented immediately, but the proposals of DAO members are ignored.

I think it’s tricky b/c of the nesting that happens with moonbirds so you can’t have it nested and used as collateral at the same time. Maybe we can cross that technological bridge but i do see that as a hindrance. Otherwise, yeah, think we should move forward with moonbirds.